PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 16, 2010

Ticket Roll Bowl {Tutorial}

Ticket Roll Bowl
{wow say that 5 times fast, hehe}

I have been making these for some years now. They make the perfect vessel to give gifts in. I have given these as b-day gifts, wedding, engagements, and so on. I love filling them with bags of popcorn, gift cards to movies, DVD's, Best Buy gift cards and so much more. Buggie's school is having a silent auction for Haiti relief and her classrooms theme is entertainment. So I am giving this for thier basket along with a gift card.

What you will need:
- A roll of tickets {the diameter of the roll used will determine the size of the bowl}
- A sheet of cork
- Mod Podge {the hard coat works the best}
- Crystal clear acrylic spray
- A sponge brush
- Scissors


First you need to trace the circle from the roll onto the sheet of cork.


Next cut out the circle. It is best to cut a little outside the circle and then trim as needed.


Then pop that little sucker in the center of the roll.


Now you will need to shape your bowl. Make sure as you push from the center and up to create the bowl that the roll of tickets is right side up {you do not want your "admit one" upside down}!


Once you have your bowl shaped up, you can check if it is level at this point. I usually eye ball it.


Then it is on to Mod Podging. I would do two coats, giving at least an hour in between coats for it to dry. Make sure to get into all the cracks and the cork good.


Once dry, take it outside to spray with the acrylic spray {make sure to do this in a WELL ventilated area}. I usually do a good two coatings, this dries fast so there is not a lot of wait time in between coats. I would leave it outside in the garage for over night at least after spraying.


Once done you can fill these little cuties with all kinds of snacks. Just make sure if you are giving as a gift to tell them to clean with a damp cloth.


Another great use for these would be for all those carnival/circus parties out there, hint hint Tiff :-)...

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Melissa (Punkin Threads) said...

Yay! Great tutorial, and the pictures are great! I LOVE our bowls that you made us, gosh like 7 years ago now (wow I feel old)!

the single mama said...

Love this!!!! I'm hosting a ''carnival'' themed baby shower and how cute of an idea is this!

Thanks.

Simone Howell said...

What a fanastic idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Love Being A Nonny said...

WHO thinks of things like this??? YOU do!! Oh my word. This is amazing!

Little Pinwheel said...

this is fabulous, creative mumma! I love it.

Jacinda said...

I've never seen this before! My wheels are spinning! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! Please let me know if I can link to this from my blog - I LOVE IT!

Heather Feather said...

This is so cool! I love it!

Erica said...

Adorable Amy!!!!

Jen said...

That is SUCH a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Um.....LOVE IT!!!!!! You are so creative girl!!!!! I got the hint...LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

Little Pinwheel said...

Hi Amy,

I would love to feature your bowl on my craft mondays! Can you email me with the details and I will post it very soon. If there is anything else you want to add then write more or just give me the wording from your post and any images you would like to use.

How exciting!

thank you

Hayley x
hayley@littlepinwheel.com.au

Tracey @ My House of Giggles said...

What a fantastic idea!!! How on earth did you come up with this? :) So adorable!!

Unknown said...

Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Doreen said...

So original and practical! And your kids are adorable, too!

Unknown said...

that is way cool!!! So creative!!!

Dawn_Homemade said...

Thanks for sharing! I made a set and posted on my blog, with a link back.

Mommafo said...

Do you modge-podge & spray the inside as well?

darla said...

this is such a great idea! perfect for movie night :)

SaveOn said...

Hi There -- Just stopped by to let you know we featured your bowl on our blog! Such a cute idea! http://bit.ly/SaveOscars