PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crock pot sensation.

When Jellybean was born we were blessed to have a stream of meals dropped off at our house {best gift someone can give new parents}. And one of those dinners came from my girlfriend Jenni. Her Italian Beef subs were beyond delish. My hubby has been thinking about these since then. So six months later, I decided I would make them. Are you ready for this? Simplest recipe ever {besides maybe a pb&j}.

Ingredients:
- 1 to 2lb chuck roast {I would lean more to the 2lb since it does cook down a lot}
- 1 12oz jar of pepperoncini
- 4 beef bullion cubes
- buns {we prefer a soft seedless hoagie}

Put the beef bullion in the crock pot, pour in entire jar of pepperoncini. Put the roast in. Cover with water. Cook on low 8 to 6 hrs. Once done take out shred with fork. Stuff hoagie and top with some of the pepperoncini.

I decided to top with a provolone cheese sauce.

Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 1 cup grated provolone
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste

Over medium heat melt the butter. Add flour whisking for one minute. Slowing add milk while whisking. Cook for 4-5 mins, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. And salt and pepper. Then drizzled over sandwiches.

For a side I just made a tomato and avocado salad.
Enjoy!
{Sorry about the picture I would have gotten the big Momma camera out, but I was hungry so iphone did the job!}

5 comments:

Mande said...

Yum! Love an easy recipe the whole family can enjoy. Thanks for sharing this!!

-Jenni said...

Oooh! I like the provolone cheese sauce idea! After you mentioned this last week, I decided we needed to have it again, too ;-). Tuesday night can't come soon enough! Glad you and Jeff enjoyed it.

Rhiannon said...

Sounds delish! Ive been looking for some new crockpot recepies. I cant wait to try it! thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

oh this sounds awesome.. we will have to try this soon. I am going to try your enchiladas as well you just posted about.. yummy@

Michelle (michabella) said...

My mouth is watering!!!! Yum!!!!