PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thinking outside the kitchen floor.

The kids have been riding cars in the kitchen since we cleaned out the garage this weekend, this is temporary but they have been having too much fun to put them back.
Yesterday one of those crazy people in my head starting yelling
"YOU MUST MAKE THEM A ROAD!!"
Once I found a roll of painters tape, and cleared out the rugs, I got to laying down Buggie Corner and Bean Lane.

I even put down parking spaces.

Then we used Bean Lane for some drag races with shakie cars...

I called boot interference, that little bugger stuck out his boot right at GO!

So here is to thinking outside the kitchen floor...

13 comments:

Simply Mily said...

that's awesome!!!! what a great idea =)

Chelsea said...

This is awesome! You're officially the coolest mom. Hands down!

angie said...

AH! What a FUN mama you are!

Megan said...

What a fun activity!!

Jami Nato said...

yes! keeps them busy and is so fun...

-Jenni said...

Great idea, Ms. Amy! I am sure they had the best time. Miss you!!!

Unknown said...

You the shizz. Really awesome, seriously!

Brandie said...

I don't know why I am actually in awe, again. You prove over and over again that you are one of the best Momma's EVER!! Awesome, Amy. I sincerely hope that if Tommy and I are blessed with children, I am at least half the Momma you are.

LittleGreenThread said...

You are such a great Mom. I love this! So thoughtful and creative. I might have to give this a try. My boys would think I was the best. I'll give you all the credit :)

Christa said...

So cool! Best mom of the year award! I like the way you think and my kids would love something along these lines. Our kitchen is too small, but just the idea of breaking out of the norm and doing something fun has me thinking. :)

The Shabby Farm Chick said...

you know what i like about this picture? that you showed offr the real of your kitchen, the real of your everyday life. you didn't throw everything on your counters into a box-to take the picture! thanks for keeping it real!!!
melissa

Jen said...

You're a super cool mom!

Ariana Sullivan said...

I saw this on pinterest and had to come tell you how cute of an idea I think it is. I've used tape a lot on my carpet for indoor hopscotch and bean bag games but love it on the kitchen floor to use with cars!! My 4 year old son will love this! Especially since we're currently mostly indoors all day every day with it being 113 degrees in Arizona ;-)